Sunday, October 3, 2010

Insights(9/30)


Today you showed me a little piece of who you really are. It was a brave and scary thing to do, for that I am proud of you. As I listened to you speak my heart was breaking with every word you spoke. I had to remind my self not to take it personally but how could I not, I gave my supplies…. pencils, notebooks, erasers, and most of all my heart. In return you ripped covers off of notebooks, broke apart erasers and stomped on my heart. What scares me is that you are unable to feel any remorse for your actions. After all, you said you didn’t think you needed to say your sorry, and you didn’t feel bad for what you did. What frightens me is how will you survive in this world, how will you make meaningful relationships? What is my role beyond your teacher in helping you to be a caring member of society?

No comments:

Post a Comment