Saturday, September 11, 2010

Reflections


The first week is over; funny how a short week can feel like the longest. This year I get to only have two grades in my room, fourth and fifth, in my self-contained exceptional education classroom. I’m looking forward to being a little more focused and not so scattered. With only two grades my assistant and I can really do some directed teaching. The kids are higher functioning than some of my previous classes which is very exciting to me. I have a couple of kids that struggled all week with focusing issues. One child did not have medicine and boy, she was like a ping pong ball all day every day. The other child’s mother refuses to give medicine. I’m all about not rushing into medicine, but this poor child is all over the place. Needless to say, it was very stressful. My plan of action for next week is to change me and try to make some changes in my expectations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment